What is included in STEM Lab Stations?
A turn-key solution for science or STEM labs. Each lab station includes robots, online lessons, worksheets, chargers, accessories, lab materials for math, engineering, and science activities to complete the challenges, including consumables. Students use existing tablets, ChromeBooks or computer devices (or we can provide them if needed).
It is all organized with storage boxes and checklists. Lab stations are easily moved on carts or stored on shelves. If you need carts or locked storage solutions, we can also provide those. (Contact Us for a quote.)
- There are STEM lab kits for teachers and for each lab station.
- Students work at a lab station alone or in teams of 2 or 3.
In a cooperative learning environment, the Curriculum online lessons provide roles for each student to play; where one is coding, another is the robot technician, and the third is the leader and documenter. Students switch roles at the start of each lesson, so each can experience all roles and develop both engineering skills and social skills. They work together to complete projects following NGSS engineering design practices. Step-by-step instruction and videos help teach the coding and engineering topics, allowing any teacher to become a STEM teacher.
Students learn by doing at a STEM lab station. Every grade can now have investigation, engineering design, and coding with easy to teach Elective Courses that embed 21st Century skills, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
STEM labs engage students with Coding and STEM projects using fun robots and invention kits that will keep them coming back every day for more! The packages are affordable, and the courses are easy to implement in classrooms, labs, libraries, or after-school environments. They all provide hands-on, experiential learning. Robots are a natural draw for students. They make learning any subject more interesting and fun. With engineering projects based on real-world scenarios, students learn to persevere when faced with a challenge and become confident, critical thinkers.
TEM Advisors are ready to he
|Need a thought leader on how to fit STEM labs in? Let us help. We've helped lots of schools fill in the gaps and create a STEM program that works for their unique situations. Our STEM team is ready to help and can provide quotes with conference discounts.|
|. (Contact Us)|
What is in Exploring Robotics STEM Lab Programs?
STEM Lab Stations with robust robots and STEM kits for instruction (most can be used for 3 to 4 years) appropriate for each grade level. These include chargers, accessories, spare parts, materials for completing math and science activities, and everything needed for success (see description above).
- High-quality STEM curriculum based on the 5E Instructional model with worksheets, lesson plans, videos, assessments, and step-by-step instruction. 30 to 70 Hours of instruction per course (modular lessons fit within available hours).
- Project based learning activities to apply skills and solve real-world problems.
- A pathway of coding from K-12 where each grade builds on skills.
- Grade K-7 is graphic based coding with Blockly or Scratch
- Grade 8-12 is text based programming with Basic, Python, or C
- Hands-on experiential learning in 15 to 30 minute activities.
- Lessons include digital literacy and responsible use of technology.
- A college and career component with information about STEM careers and activities to inspire students to pursue possible STEM career paths.
- Competitions are included for students to demonstrate skills between classes, schools or at community events..
How Can Exploring Robotics STEM Labs Enhance Your Existing Program?
- Turn-Key System: We help choose the right STEM lab stations for the age groups, to meet your STEM goals, stay within your budget, and ensure success for teams of 2 to 4 students.
- Easy to Implement: Use existing tablets, ChromeBooks, and laptops (we can also provide devices with storage carts). We coordinate with your IT department to ensure everything works. Many robots require no assembly, and all are rechargeable.
- Easy to Teach: Any teacher can facilitate the self-paced lessons, with no prior experience in coding or robots; with hour of code experience, this will be very familiar!
- Teach NGSS Engineering Design:: Every STEM Lab comes with lessons that include Physical Science, Engineering Design and Coding. The hands-on activities and 5E lesson format help teachers easily integrate these standards into their classroom.
- Personalized PD for teachers via video conference sessions. Teachers become comfortable with coding, robots, how to guide students through curriculum, and how to improve their practice in application of NGSS physical science and engineering design standards.
- Increase Academic Performance: Students will be measuring, calculating, estimating, collecting data, using coordinate systems, reading, writing, learning about light and sound waves, transfer of energy, magnetism, electronics, etc. The lessons include performance based assessments, follow the 5E instructional model—Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate, Evaluate—to organize the content, and are aligned to NGSS, CSTA, Math, ELA, and ISTE standards.
- Increase Computational Thinking Skills: Students will be thinking critically, cooperating in teams, creating algorithms, troubleshooting, and learning computer science. Amazingly, student don't think of this as learning, because the robots and invention kits are so engaging, they will just be having fun! Not just the geeks, but also girls and the more artistic students are engaged with the art, music, dance, and stories included in the lessons.
Elementary STEM and Coding Program (Grades K-5)
When elementary children come in contact with robots it’s like the robot has magic tentacles that reach out and pull the child’s imagination in. The child begins to see and make new connections to Science, Technology Engineering, Art and Math,(STEAM) but more importantly to a new world of possibilities - connections to new and exciting paths previously unknown that may someday be their future.
Every child is ready to learn through exploration, this adventure is for each of them. We have collected the best of the breed in robots to nurture imaginations: Cubelets, Dash, Ozobots, littleBits, Codey-Rocky, mBot, and Go-Pi-Go for K-5 (see our Robotics Pathway). These robots and kits fit children at every stage of development from K to 5 and are assured to stimulate and match a child’s potential. Two of our most popular choices are Ozobot and Dash.
Dash Robots with STEM Curriculum (Grades K-5)
Dash is adorable, makes fun sounds and is easy to control with a tablet. Students use Blockly coding to control Dash to solve fractions and multiplication tables, navigate grids and maps using coordinates, recreate historical events, shoot hoops, and so much more. They learn coding fundamentals of sequence, control, events, and logic.
Ozobot Robots with STEM Curriculum (Grades K-5)
Ozobot “world’s smallest programmable robot”, senses lines of different colors and color sequences. Students use codes to make the robot dance, spin, flash lights and race about as they apply math and science concepts in lessons. In Blockly coding language they use loops, variables, conditionals, functions, random numbers, math operations, and more!
Middle School Coding and STEM Program (Grades 6-7)
In middle (intermediate or junior high) school, bring out the explorer and inventor: engaging with coding, robots, and invention kits will pique their interest in STEM subjects and motivate them to participate. This interest opens up a world of opportunity for STEM careers. Our standards-based curriculum will help develop 21st Century and coding skills. The online lessons allow students to work at their own pace with videos and step-by-step instruction to guide them to success. Competitions are included in each curriculum and can add excitement to STEM fairs and community events.
We have a well-rounded ensemble of robots and kits that fit children at every stage of development from grades 6-8 that are assured to stimulate and match each child’s potential. Courses for Middle school STEM and coding include Scribbler, Airblock, Go-Pi-Go, GrovePi, littleBits, and Boe-Bot (see our Robotics Pathway). Two of our most popular choices are Scribbler and Airblock:
Airblock Hovercraft and Drones with STEM Curriculum (Grades 6-8)
Students are amazed when they quickly assemble and test a hovercraft which floats on an air cushion as it glides across the floor. With code, they create their own custom control panels and discover the properties of aerodynamics and hydrodynamics. They measure distances, create charts and graphs, predict patterns, calculate angles to control movements and emulate real-world scenarios. Competitions are also included (See video).
Scribbler Robots with STEM Curriculum (Grades 6-7)
Scribbler robot has a pen port; students use different colored pens and program scribbler to create their own drawings and dance routines. But to do so, they must use measurements, geometry, and some algebraic equations; i.e. apply math to draw. Competitions are included where students come together to create a team-choreographed scribbler dance routine, draw complex pictures, navigate mazes, follow lines, and avoid obstacles.